BCENV supports you
Amiel Boullemant has more than 20 years of experience in Research and Development, including technical support to industry, in the fields of green technologies, water treatment, soil remediation, and ecotoxicology.
We can help you establish a roadmap requiring Research and Development to achieve your objectives: regulatory compliance, material or waste recovery, marketing of an environmental technology.
BCENV is particularly specialised in the management of wastewater or leachate from industrial or mining sites and can :
Advise you on improving your current technology or even changing it;
Set up treatment pilots to demonstrate a business and technological plan;
Support you in dealing with the environmental authorities to negotiate discharge standards.
Working hand in hand with its partners, BCENV helps you determine best techniques for decontaminating impacted land, piloting innovative solutions, or finding the most optimised licensed landfill for your wastes.
We carry out this support always considering your objectives and the future use of the land, where applicable.
– Uptake of neutral metal complexes by a green alga: influence of pH and humic substances. A. Boullemant, B. Vigneault, C. Fortin, and P.G.C. Campbell. Australian Journal of Chemistry 2004, 57, 931-936.
– Interactions of hydrophobic metal complexes and their constituents with aquatic humic substances. A. Boullemant, J.P. Gagné, C. Fortin, and P.G.C. Campbell. Environmental Chemistry 2007, 4(5), 323-333.
– Uptake of hydrophobic metal complexes by three freshwater algae: unexpected influence of pH. A. Boullemant, M. Lavoie, C. Fortin, and P.G.C. Campbell. Environmental Science & Technology 2009, 43(9), 3308-3314.
– Uptake of lipophilic cadmium complexes by three green algae: influence of humic acids and pH dependence. A. Boullemant, S. Le Faucheur, C. Fortin, and P.G.C. Campbell. Journal of Phycology 2011, 47(4), 784-791.
– PM2.5 emission from aluminium smelters: Coefficients and environmental impact. A. Boullemant. Journal of Air and Waste Management 2011, 61(3), 311-318.
– The influence of pH on algal cell membrane permeability and its implications for the uptake of lipophilic metal complexes. M. Lavoie, S. Le Faucheur, A. Boullemant, C. Fortin, and P.G.C. Campbell. Journal of Phycology 2012, 48(2), 293-302.
– Determination of total mercury in bauxite and bauxite residue by flow injection cold vapour atomic absorption spectrometry. N. Bansal, J. Vaughan, A. Boullemant, and T. Leong. Microchemical Journal 2013, 113, 36-41.
– The determination of trace mercury in environmental samples: a review. N. Bansal, J. Vaughan, A. Boullemant, and T. Leong. Chemeca 2013.
– Chemical thermodynamics of mercury in the Bayer process. N. Bansal, J. Vaughan, W. Tam, P. Yin, T. Leong, and A. Boullemant. Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Hydrometallurgy 2014, 22, 559-569.
– Uptake and sorption of aluminium and fluoride by four green algal species. D. Pitre, A. Boullemant, C. Fortin. Chemistry Central Journal 2014, 8(8).
– Osmium isotopic tracing of atmospheric emissions from an aluminum smelter. J. Gogot, A. Poirier, A. Boullemant. Comptes Rendus Géoscience 2015, 347(6-7), 227-283.
– Potential for use of industrial waste materials as filter media for removal of Al, Mo, As, V and Ga from alkaline drainage in constructed wetlands – Adsorption studies. T. Hua, R.J. Haynes, Y.F. Zhou, A. Boullemant, and I. Chandrawana. Water Research 2015, 15(71), 32-41.
– A field assessment of bauxite residue rehabilitation strategies. E Di Carlo, A. Boullemant, R. Courtney. Science of the Total Environment 2019, 663, 915-926.
– Ecotoxicological risk assessment of revegetated bauxite residue: Implications for future rehabilitation programmes. E Di Carlo, A. Boullemant, R. Courtney. Science of the Total Environment 2020, 698.
– Plant available Al and Na in rehabilitated bauxite residue: a field study assessment. E Di Carlo, A Boullemant, R Courtney. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 2020, 27, 17023-17031.
– Exposure of earthworm (Eisenia fetida) to bauxite residue: Implications for future rehabilitation programmes. E Di Carlo, A Boullemant, H Poynton, R. Courtney. Science of the Total Environment 2020, 716.
– Development of quantitative ion character – Activity relationship models to address the lack of toxicological data for technology-critical elements. S. Le Faucheur, J. Mertens, E. Van Genderen, A. Boullemant, C. Fortin, P.G.C. Campbell. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 2020, 40(4), 1139-1148.
– Thermal flux, fugitive gas emission and geotechnical instability in a complex tailings legacy site. G.B. Douglas, A. Ancel, V. Saille, S. Lamontagne, A. Boullemant, X. Bourrat, M.G.Trefry. Chemosphere 2021, 263.
– More than 20 presentations at international conferences (e.g. SETAC, AQUASOL, IAI).